Subscribe: by Email | in Reader

Grass -- Carl Sandburg

Guest poem submitted by Philip Schreiner:
(Poem #1747) Grass
 Pile the bodies high at Austerlitz and Waterloo.
 Shovel them under and let me work --
 I am the grass; I cover all.

 And pile them high at Gettysburg
 And pile them high at Ypres and Verdun.
 Shovel them under and let me work.
 Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor:
 What place is this?
 Where are we now?

 I am the grass.
 Let me work.
-- Carl Sandburg
This poem really impressed me when I was young.  One of the few poems I ever
felt compelled to take to memory.  I noticed that you have a good number of
Sandburg poems (relatively speaking) on your website, so maybe this one does
not appeal to everybody [1].

Philip Schreiner.

[1] Or maybe we just never got round to running it :) -- thomas.

30 comments: ( or Leave a comment )

Anonymous said...

Jendela UPVC | Promo Diskon | Harga Tiket Pesawat | Social Bookmarking | Tiket Pesawat Murah | Tiket Pesawat Online

Kim Kardashian Bugil | wallpaper lucu | Ultrabook Notebook Tipis Harga Murah Terbaik | Info Terkini | Harga Notebook | Jasa Seo | Jasa Seo | apa seo | JASA SEO | Layanan Seo | Konsultan Seo | All about Behel atau Kawat Gigi manfaat,perawatan dan larangannya lengkap

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks.

John Edwards said...

I really like your blog and have one with similar information. If you have time check it out.psychic readings

seocompany expart said...

CCTV drain survey London are becoming more and more necessary as many mortgage lenders are requiring them prior to the approval of loans. It is also very good practice if you are looking to buy any property if you want to avoid any expensive repair bills for blocked or collapsed drains. Of course leaking drains can cause more than damage to just themselves, permanent damage could also be inflicted on the foundations of the house also.
cctv drain surveys london
cctv surveys london
cctv drain surveys in London

Space Matters Real Estates said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return. Plots for sale in Hyderabad

Space Matters Real Estates said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return. Plots for sale in Hyderabad
Plots for sale in Banjara Hills
Plots for sale in Jubilee Hills
Plots for sale in Manikonda
Plots for sale in Madhapur
Plots for sale in kondapur
Plots for sale in Gachibowli
Plots for sale in Kukatpally

William Smith said...

This is such a great post, and was thinking much the same myself. Electronic Products And Technology | Electronic Equipment and Components | Another great update.

Obat Herbal said...

Seberat apapun beban masalah yang kamu hadapi saat ini, percayalah bahwa semua itu tidak pernah melebihi batas kemampuan kamu.

Post a Comment