Subscribe: by Email | in Reader

The Music Crept By Us -- Leonard Cohen

Guest poem submitted by Zenobia Driver
(Poem #339) The Music Crept By Us
I would like to remind
the management
that the drinks are watered
and the hat-check girl
has syphilis
and the band is composed
of former SS monsters
However since it is
New Year's Eve
and I have lip cancer
I will place my
paper hat on my
concussion and dance.
-- Leonard Cohen
A friend and I read this while working on a project last night and at
first we wondered and wondered about how depressed and suicidal Cohen
must be (all his poems that I have read so far are dark), then we read
it again and looked at it differently and couldn't stop laughing. The
man's imagination is amazing. And I love the way the mood is maintained
till the very end with the 'paper hat on my concussion' instead of on
his head.

Zen.

[Minstrels Links]

Canadian singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen has been featured on the
Minstrels before - 'Suzanne', at poem #116

14 comments: ( or Leave a comment )

unsgu said...

semua yang telah dihadirkan oleh website ini sangat sempurna,baik price motorcycles and cars , minimalist house interior exterior , latest engine specification , minimalist home interior design tampilan dan artikelnya..penuh warna dan penuh makna..

unsgu said...

terimakasih, website ini telah memberikan ilmu pengetahuan yang alat pembesar penis sangat bermanfaat untuk saya dan yang lain

unsgu said...

Terimaksih telah berbagi infonya,,sukses luxury cars toyota selalu untuk info and city car kia websitenya,,,and be the best to the next info,, price mitsubishi pajero

Post a Comment