Subscribe: by Email | in Reader

Angelica the Doorkeeper -- Anonymous

       
(Poem #156) Angelica the Doorkeeper
The falcon soars
The town's gates are even higher

Angelica's their doorkeeper
She's wound the sun round her head
She's tied the moon round her waist

She's hung herself with stars.
-- Anonymous
Translated by Anne Pennington.

For some reason, these six lines seem to have stuck permanently in my
memory. Again, I'm not quite sure just why this should be so... perhaps
it has something to do with the way the individual images, though fairly
ordinary (albeit nice) in themselves, seem disconnected, even, at times,
hallucinatory, in combination. The overall effect is mysteriously
beautiful (or do I mean beautifully mysterious?)

thomas.

18 comments: ( or Leave a comment )

bigger penis said...

penis enlargement, penis enlargement pills, male enhancement, male enhancement pills

Penis enlargement pills have been proven is the best way to make the penis bigger and effective to increase men’s sexual performance.vimax pills, vigrx plus, prosolution pills, maleextra

Italia said...

The writing is wonderful and the descriptive passages are stuff of creative writing classes. The plot - such as it is - plods and plods. Suddenly in the last 60 pages or so the story picks up and (with a few dull overly descriptive interludes) becomes a page-turner. If only the entire book was like this it would be a classic on the order of say, COLD MOUNTAIN.

Ty of Male Enhancer said...

Informative posts I get interested reading with.

John Edwards said...

I really like your blog and have one with similar information. If you have time check it out.free psychic readings

khan jahan said...


Your playing golf course will likely be start off Comes to an end
Purpose Fifteenth. Exactly what a great beginning commence to the
summer season! Golfing trolleys will likely be accessible together
with truck route just on the few interruptions.
The best seo siteGarmin Golf

Space Matters Real Estates said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return. Plots for sale in Hyderabad
Plots for sale in Banjara Hills
Plots for sale in Jubilee Hills
Plots for sale in Manikonda
Plots for sale in Madhapur
Plots for sale in kondapur
Plots for sale in Gachibowli
Plots for sale in Kukatpally

Kukatpallyrealestate said...

Hi..Thanks for sharing this information about the Plots for Sale in Kukatpally . Really it was very useful for us. Thanks a lot

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do believe this is a great web site. I stumbledupon it ;) I will revisit once
again since I book marked it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.


Here is my webpage; Pro Power CLeanse and garcinia cambogia hca

Anonymous said...

For many people, Valentine’s Day is about lavish hotels.
Clash of clans game is a free-to-play app game that you can download
free from App store that will need you to build villages
as well as protect the villages that you build from the deadly attacks of the Goblin Kings.
War for Cybertron also has a wave attack game type for individual players called
Escalation which has the character robots that are unlocked during the campaign.

Also visit my web site - clash of clans cheats

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article.
I'll make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post.
I will definitely comeback.

Feel free to visit my web blog - jacksonville florida home remodeling

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was an extremely good post. Taking a few minutes and
actual effort to produce a top notch article…
but what can I say… I procrastinate a whole lot and don't seem to get nearly anything done.


Check out my web site - survey software

Paul Reed said...

The article posted was very informative and useful. You people are doing a great job. Electrical Electronic Products Components | Electronic Research And Development | Keep going.

Anonymous said...

All of these Barbie games allow little girls to learn to be organized and serves
as productive amusement. It’s easy to pick up and hard to put down:
the addictive properties which are another hallmark of great casual games.
Afterwards in the day, while you both are hanging out together, you
can show the world the way you feel about each other by simply putting on the matching cute couple shirts that you just bought as presents for one
another. Melissa and Doug Trunki 2-in-1 Suitcase & Ride-On Toy
allow your kids to scoot along on the luggage through the train station or airport;
since the wheelie bag, these toddler backpacks are travel innovations.
That someone took the time to create something with me in mind is
always extra special.

My web-site :: too cute animal planet kittens

Anonymous said...

I've been surfing online greater than three hours lately, yet I never discovered
any interesting article like yours. It is lovely price sufficient for me.
In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made excellent content material as you
did, the web will probably be a lot more helpful than ever before.


Feel free to surf to my web site ... homepage []

Post a Comment