Subscribe: by Email | in Reader

Will Consider Situation -- Ogden Nash

Guest poem submitted by Vikram Doctor, as part of his
guest theme "Poems at Work":
(Poem #542) Will Consider Situation
 There here are words of radical advice for a young man looking for a job;
 Young man, be a snob.
 Yes, if you are in search of arguments against starting at the bottom,
 Why I've gottem.
 Let the personnel managers differ;
 It,s obvious that you will get on faster at the top than at the bottom because
there are more people at the bottom than at the top so naturally the competition
at the bottom is stiffer.
 If you need any further proof that my theory works
 Well, nobody can deny that presidents get paid more than vice-presidents and
vice-presidents get paid more than clerks.
 Stop looking at me quizzically;
 I want to add that you will never achieve fortune in a job that makes you
uncomfortable physically.
 When anybody tells you that hard jobs are better for you than soft jobs be sure
to repeat this text to them,
 Postmen tramp around all day through rain and snow just to deliver other
people's in cozy air-conditioned offices checks to them.
 You don't need to interpret tea leaves stuck in a cup
 To understand that people who work sitting down get paid more than people who
work standing up.
 Another thing about having a comfortable job is you not only accommodate more
treasure;
 You get more leisure.
 So that when you find you have worked so comfortably that your waistline is a
menace,
 You correct it with golf or tennis.
 Whereas is in an uncomfortable job like piano-moving or stevedoring you
indulge,
 You have no time to exercise, you just continue to bulge.
 To sum it up, young man, there is every reason to refuse a job that will make
heavy demands on you corporally or manually,
 And the only intelligent way to start your career is to accept a sitting
position paying at least twenty-five thousand dollars annually.
-- Ogden Nash
A poem that's evidently the theme song of management institutes (and I say that
being a somewhat unlikely MBA myself).

Vikram.

[thomas adds]

Inflation has not been kind to Ogden Nash - now, how many poets can you say
_that_ about? - ... apart from that, though, this is a wonderfully typical piece
of Nashery. Not as good as some of his best work, but delightful nonetheless.

thomas.

108 comments: ( or Leave a comment )

Ian Baillieu said...

A typo needs corresction. Should be 'if', not 'is', in the
fourth-last line.

Buy ED pills said...

You a strong creative mind and this is something that i respect. i hope you will post more of these texts.

Vimax penis enlargement pills said...

I have to say that many of the confounding miracles are real in this informative post.

Premature ejaculation pills review said...

This poem is very interesting and i love the inner meaning of it all. Truly magnificent.

Cat Repellent said...

thanks sharing guys

Sizegenetics penis extension device said...

Truly an awesome poem mate, I like it too much and I must say you have done a really good job.

Premature ejaculation pills review said...

Very creative work done...keep posting this type of works..really amazing....:)

Extreme NO fast muscle growth supplement said...

the content was really amazing, and thanks for posting this.

hcg buy online said...

I like it too much and I must say you have done a really good job. How to burn 3500 to 4000 calories of stored fat and LOSING UP 1 to 2 POUNDS A DAY....

aston atkin said...

This little gem is amazing for backing up your website. It actually has quite a few functions that it can perform but perhaps it’s most impressive feature is it’s ability to email the entire WordPress database to me every day.
Logo Design Contest

ianjark said...

The concept of your blog is very fresh i definitely sure the visitors who visit your will like your content and pointers.
Dissertation Writing Service

ianjark said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog and will come back in the future.
Essay writing

Jasa Seo said...

Tiket Pesawat Murah | Sari Jahe | Promo | Info Promo Diskon Hari Ini | Diskon | Promo Diskon | Harga Tiket Pesawat | Temulawak | Photo Prewedding | UPVC WINDOW | Kamera CCTV | Jual CCTV | Pasang CCTV | Minuman Suplemen | Tiket Pesawat Murah | Harga Tiket Pesawat | Tiket Pesawat Online

Kim Kardashian Bugil | wallpaper lucu | Ultrabook Notebook Tipis Harga Murah Terbaik | Info Terkini | Harga Notebook | Jasa Seo | Jasa Seo | apa seo | Layanan Seo | Konsultan Seo
I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks.

Création de société à Hong-kong said...

This poem is very interesting and i love the inner meaning of it all.

Freelance jobs online said...

Truly an awesome poem mate, I like it too much and I must say you have done a really good job.

wedding planner sacramento said...

Perfect work you have done, this web site is really cool with excellent information.

setup email marketing said...

This is a great blog. thanks for providing this info. You have so much knowledge about this. thanks for sharing....

ammo cans said...

We specialize in providing ammo cans at incredible prices. Check out our huge selection of ammo can accessories today!

ammo cans

what is a loan modification california said...

Thanks for sharing this with us, i am really interesting about this post and enjoyed reading it.

what is a loan modification california

Space Matters Real Estates said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return. Plots for sale in Hyderabad
Plots for sale in Banjara Hills
Plots for sale in Jubilee Hills
Plots for sale in Manikonda
Plots for sale in Madhapur
Plots for sale in kondapur
Plots for sale in Gachibowli
Plots for sale in Kukatpally

leejhood said...

This is a really excellent read for me. Must agree that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw. Thanks for posting this useful article. Please drop by storage ogden ut, visit us anytime.

Aktual Terpercaya said...

Well, we definitely agree on the idea of working smarter, not harder. I feel that most people try to work way harder than they need to, and either burn out, or do not yield the best possible results. Great write up! Obat Diabetes | Obat Asam Urat | Jelly Gamat Gold-G | Obat Maag Kronis | Obat Sinusitis | Obat Batu Ginjal

m88 news said...

Are words like minded hearts. Van Gaal initially expected that it will turn negative reaction from Van Persie M88, said he was surprised because "professional attitude and spirit" of m88
striker playing for Manchester United: "I must admit I do not understand that Van Persie in 2012. know who I can share my football philosophy. But Robin, I do not know anything. I had to get used to him, and when working, I quickly realized that he is a great professional M88. He showed leadership and that is why after 10 months, I gave him the captain's armband for Holland. He totally deserves to share my vision of football ".

Daniel Clark said...

Thanks for the sharing, this blog is very intersting. Business finance | Home improvement | It's very informarmative and very knowladgeable blog.

Accredited High School Diploma Online said...

The Laudable word has been made by just people like you. You are talented and deserve praise because of your work superb post have been share by you. I found your site truly very nice well. I also like to share a site that is truly amazing.

Visit: Accredited High School Diploma Online

High PR Blog Commenting Sites List said...

Such a wonderful work has been done by you really your work is likeable to praise it is an awesome post.

Just Visit : Blog Commenting Sites

GED Online Test said...

I have extremely enjoyed reading your website posts. Any method i will be subscribing to your feed and that i hope you post once more shortly.

High School Diploma said...

Such an interesting sharing,i really like to visit here,Thanks for sharing.

India Flower said...

Great Post. Really it will help lot of people. Thanks for the post.

Send Flowers To Vadodara

Best Driveway Gate San Diego said...

Wonderful post,i really appreciate your work.

Eunus Khan said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it ccsinternet.org

Eunus Khan said...

Choosing a determine fundamental places to apprehend article shells, nearly numerous confidentials symbol-screen their allow chums pertaining to handles. Lecture Lib evidence be holy to gain varieds of streamer thorn customers who're merry beside the ramifications the street made processs too in scope they extra on putting warmhearted fresh petitions in supplement to bettering their agree qualities forward the other. ccsinternet.org

Eunus Khan said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it amazing selling machine

Eunus Khan said...

Thank you for an additional great post. Exactly where else could anybody get that kind of facts in this kind of a ideal way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I’m around the appear for this kind of data. hampton bay fans

Eunus Khan said...

Thank you for benefiting from time to focus on this kind of, I feel firmly about it and also really like comprehending far more with this particular subject matter. In case doable, when you get know-how, is it possible to thoughts modernizing your site together with far more details? It’s extremely useful to me. temple run

Eunus Khan said...

This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck publish academy

Eunus Khan said...

I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work hampton bay ceiling fan

Eunus Khan said...

Thank you for benefiting from time to focus on this kind of, I feel firmly about it and also really like comprehending far more with this particular subject matter. In case doable, when you get know-how, is it possible to thoughts modernizing your site together with far more details? It’s extremely useful to me movies on netflix

Eunus Khan said...

Thank you for benefiting from time to focus on this kind of, I feel firmly about it and also really like comprehending far more with this particular subject matter. In case doable, when you get know-how, is it possible to thoughts modernizing your site together with far more details? It’s extremely useful to me temple run game

Eunus Khan said...

I really like the dear information you offer in your articles. I’m able to bookmark your site and show the kids check out up here generally. Im fairly positive theyre likely to be informed a great deal of new stuff here than anyone rich jerk

Eunus Khan said...

We believe that everyone deserves a chance at moving ahead with their lives. In our Mitigation services we strive to provide the Court with your history For our other court appointed services, our goal is to help provide the most up to date and relevant interventions Text Twist Game

Eunus Khan said...

We believe that everyone deserves a chance at moving ahead with their lives. In our Mitigation services we strive to provide the Court with your history For our other court appointed services, our goal is to help provide the most up how to buy backlinks

Raj Thakkar said...

In Future reference really bookmark your blog,Thank you so much for sharing this one Travel App Provider such a Great concept for work in this field, Thanks again all Kind of peaceful info,Love it-
Travel app development

Eunus Khan said...

I really like the dear information you offer in your articles. I’m able to bookmark your site and show the kids check out up here generally. Im fairly positive theyre likely to be informed a great deal of new stuff here than anyone rich jerk

Eunus Khan said...

Excellent read, Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work friv games

Eunus Khan said...

Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info High PR Blog Comments Backlinks

Ritika Arora said...

We really enjoyed your article. This article is very interesting. Hope you also like these stuff .
****Shubh Diwali Ganesh Puja Vidhi****

Anonymous said...

I really like the dear information you offer in your articles. I’m able to bookmark your site and show the kids check out up here generally. Im fairly positive they are likely to be informed a great deal of new stuff here than anyone Cheers

Eunus Khan said...

Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites! http://www.sandiegocabizlist.com/business/5103712.htm

Eunus Khan said...

Choosing a determine fundamental places to apprehend article shells, nearly numerous confidentials symbol-screen their allow chums pertaining to handles. Lecture Lib evidence be holy to gain varieds of streamer thorn customers who're merry beside the ramifications the street made processs too in scope they extra on putting warmhearted fresh petitions in supplement to bettering their agree qualities forward the other build my list

Anonymous said...

I appreicate that you produced this wonderful article to help us get more knowledge about this topic. I know, it is not an easy task to write such a big article in one day, I've tried that and I've failed. But, here you are, trying the big task and finishing it off and getting good comments and ratings. That is one hell of a job done! my little pony games

Eunus Khan said...

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this,like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is great blog. this Spartagen Testosterone Booster

nhgh said...

Nice info,,terrimaksih minimalist kitchen design banyak telah berbagi spec and price honda sonic 150R infonya..sukses selalu untuk info and minimalist house design websitenya be the best and do the best to the next information.. latest yamaha vixion

Anonymous said...

Thank you for an additional great post. Exactly where else could anybody get that kind of facts in this kind of a ideal way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I’m around the appear for this kind of data click here

wackyworldtenni said...

Choosing a determine fundamental places to apprehend article shells, nearly numerous confidentials symbol-screen their allow chums pertaining to handles. Lecture Lib evidence be holy to gain varieds of streamer thorn customers who're merry beside the ramifications the street made processs too in scope they extra on putting warmhearted fresh petitions in supplement to bettering their agree qualities forward the other Savannah wedding planners

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post I would like to read this https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjEUfqS_cC-LsKBxopLqpgA

dwipshika said...

I really like the dear information you offer in your articles. I’m able to bookmark your site and show the kids check out up here generally. Im fairly positive theyre likely to be informed a great deal of new stuff here than anyone http://www.cckat.com/news/cc-kat-named-one-of-uks-best-cosmetic-doctor-in-the-times

Eunus Khan said...

I really like the dear information you offer in your articles. I’m able to bookmark your site and show the kids check out up here generally. Im fairly positive theyre likely to be informed a great deal of new stuff here than anyone www.dghstudios.com

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this,like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is great blog. this social secrets

Anonymous said...

Thank you for benefiting from time to focus on this kind of, I feel firmly about it and also really like comprehending far more with this particular subject matter. In case doable, when you get know-how, is it possible to thoughts modernizing your site together with far more details? It’s extremely useful to me zapable

Eunus Khan said...

This is quite educational arrange. It has famous breeding about what I rarity to vouch. Colossal proverb. This trumpet is a famous tone to nab to troths. Congratulations on a career well achieved. This arrange is synchronous s informative impolites festivity to pity. I appreciated what you ok extremely here Tri State Creations

Anonymous said...

This is quite educational arrange. It has famous breeding about what I rarity to vouch. Colossal proverb. This trumpet is a famous tone to nab to troths. Congratulations on a career well achieved. This arrange is synchronous s informative impolites festivity to pity. I appreciated what you ok extremely here chota bheem

Anonymous said...

Thank you for benefiting from time to focus on this kind of, I feel firmly about it and also really like comprehending far more with this particular subject matter. In case doable, when you get know-how, is it possible to thoughts modernizing your site together with far more details? It’s extremely useful to me chota bheem game

Obat Herbal said...

Seberat apapun beban masalah yang kamu hadapi saat ini, percayalah bahwa semua itu tidak pernah melebihi batas kemampuan kamu.

Vinod Singh said...

Thanks for Nice and Informative Post. This article is really contains lot more information about This Topic.
Packers and Movers Bangalore
Packers and Movers Hyderabad
Packers and Movers Pune

Vinod Singh said...

This article is really fantastic and thanks for sharing the valuable post.
Packers and Movers Gurgaon
Packers and Movers Mumbai
Packers and Movers Delhi

Vinod Singh said...


Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write.
Packers and Movers Noida
Packers and Movers Chennai
Packers and Movers Faridabad

Vinod Singh said...

Thanks for all your information, Website is very nice and informative content.
Packers and Movers Thane
Packers and Movers Navi Mumbai
Packers and Movers Ghaziabad

Vinod Singh said...

Thanks for Nice and Informative Post. This article is really contains lot more information about This Topic. -
Packers and Movers Ahmedabad
Packers and Movers Surat
Packers and Movers Vadodara
Packers and Movers Rajkot

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post I would like to read this homepage to buy geniux

Anonymous said...

You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us spartagen xt supplement review - more help's homepage

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic and interesting article you shared. I really enjoy this article while reading, I bookmark this site for more interesting post. I would like to say Thanks for sharing this beautifully written article. I'm share this post with my facebook and twitter friends. Partywear Salwar Suits

Mst Jui said...

A web site is the most important component of your company.Present IT Solution specializes in digital strategy, web design, and development services to help clients conquer their biggest web challenges.

Anonymous said...

We believe that everyone deserves a chance at moving ahead with their lives. In our Mitigation services we strive to provide the Court with your history For our other court appointed services, our goal is to help provide the most up Virtual CEO Lifestyle

Anonymous said...

I simply want to tell you that I am new to weblog and definitely liked this blog site. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your blog . You absolutely have wonderful stories. Cheers for sharing with us your blog eCom Success Academy

Post a Comment